Home of AICASF Career Services. Located in the 10UN Building, 5th Floor, Room: #509
Since 1967, Circa has designed and manufactured men’s and women’s belts and small leather goods for private label from small chains to mass merchandise companies. Our diverse capabilities allow us to produce a full range of fashion and basic styles. For more information, please visit our website at www.circacorp.com
The Product Development Intern will support the Design team with sourcing materials, executing design packages issued by clients, checking in completed samples and labeling and sending samples to customers. During the course of the internship, the intern will have the opportunity to sit in on weekly Product Meetings, learn the characteristics of and the process of making leather articles and develop new hardware through our suppliers and assist Design Directors in preparation of customer meetings and following up afterwards with special customer requests. By the end of the program the candidate will have hands-on experience of helping to execute designs per our customers’ specifications and will have seen the process of a design concept go through development, presentation and on to production.
Assist the Design team in the following areas:
• Order and develop materials for specs per customer
• Track and follow up on delivery of materials and finished samples
• Review, label and send out completed samples
• Develop new hardware
• Help to maintain hardware, fabric and sample library
• An interest in fashion!
• Good written and verbal communication
• Detail oriented, well organized and multi-task oriented
• Computer skills: MS word, excel
• Work well with a team