Banana Republic - Store Associate (Stonestown Galleria)
Location: San Francisco, CA | Posted under PT Jobs on Aug 21, 2012
- Banana Republic is an American clothing brand founded by Mel and Patricia Ziegler in 1978 as a tropical travel-themed clothing company; it has subsequently transformed into a mainstream luxury clothing retailer. The company was bought by Gap in 1983 and now operates as a division, Banana Republic has over 600 stores located internationally.
- Banana Republic is a brand that inspires people to live everyday life with style. Our store has three different roles available and is looking for qualified applicants.
- Responsible for generating sales by engaging and connecting with each customer to provide the right service for each customer. Sales Associates utilize product knowledge to educate and inform customers and to build sales. In addition, Sales Associates perform a variety of operational activities such as merchandise display, cashwrap procedures and more.
- Responsible for driving results and enhancing the customer experience by maintaining a neat, clean and safe working and shopping environment. Sales Support Associates are responsible for cashiering, fitting room support and store recovery, as well as merchandise presentation throughout the store. In addition, Sales Support Associates will engage with customers and assess customer needs to ensure appropriate service is provided.
- Responsible for shipment processing and receiving, replenishment, restocking, stockroom organization, and adhering to visual standards. Non-Sell Associates drive results and enhance the customer experience by ensuring all styles and sizes are represented on the floor.
- Displays a "customer is the priority" mindset at all times.
- Consistently treats all Banana Republic customers and employees with respect and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Promotes a safe working and shopping environment and to maximize the customer shopping experience.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, including the Code of Business Conduct and the Employee Policy Guide.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and meet deadlines on tasks/projects.
Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused service on and off the salesfloor.
Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees.
Previous experience in retail preferred.
Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
Ability to maneuver around salesfloor and stockroom.
Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings to meet the needs of the business.